ABOUT LEAD1 ASSOCIATION
LEAD1 represents the athletics directors of the 130 member universities of the NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS). Key to the LEAD1 mission are influencing how the rules of college sports are enacted and implemented, advocating for the future of college athletics, and providing various services to our member schools. We engage our audience through a multi-channel approach across various social media platforms, printed content and our website. We spark innovative discussion with forward-thinking concepts, digital content creation and events to educate, connect, and move the needle of the college sports industry.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Part-time Summer Internship – Research Analyst
This internship is designed to expose the individual to all aspects of intercollegiate athletics. From day one, you’ll engage in meaningful work. Not only will you be a key part in reshaping the industry, but you’ll also have the opportunity to interact with some of the biggest names in college sports. As part of a team, you will build connections, pitch ideas and take on challenging projects that will help you grow both personally and professionally.
This is a paid position ($200/week) over an 8-week period starting on June 3, 2019 through August 29, 2019. You will be responsible for working 15 hours/week.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Research and monitor industry trends to compile statistics for internal and external use
- Identify relevant industry trends in sports including insights with a focus on innovation, human-centered design, and emerging tech
- Work with LEAD1 staff on innovation projects as assigned including curating reports and surveys to ultimately generate insights for membership
- Assist with content development and outreach to member institutions
- Assist in database optimization, cleansing and normalizing
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- In the process of completing or graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong academic track record preferred
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Passion for college athletics
COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA’S)
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on writing skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative
- Strong team alignment skills and ability to work collaboratively with others
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills
- Display an open mind and willingness to learn
A resume, list of two professional references (including telephone numbers), and 2 writing samples are required. A cover letter that addresses your qualifications for the position is recommended. Please email all materials to Hannah Dewey at email@example.com and include “LEAD1 Intern – Research Analyst” in the subject line. Applications must be submitted by May 7th, 2019.