ABOUT LEAD1 ASSOCIATION
LEAD1 represents the athletics directors of the 130 member universities of the NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS). Key to the LEAD1 mission are influencing how the rules of college sports are enacted and implemented, advocating for the future of college athletics, and providing various services to our member schools. We engage our audience through a multi-channel approach across social media, printed content and our website. We spark innovative discussion with forward-thinking concepts, digital content creation and events to educate, connect, and move the needle of the college sports industry.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Part-time Summer Internship – Graphic Designer (Digital Content)
This internship is designed to expose the individual to all aspects of intercollegiate athletics. From day one, you’ll engage in meaningful work. Not only will you be a key part in reshaping the industry, but you’ll also have the opportunity to interact with some of the biggest names in college sports. As part of a team, you will build connections, pitch ideas and take on challenging projects that will help you grow both personally and professionally.
This is a paid position ($200/week) over an 8-week period starting on June 3, 2019 through August 29, 2019. You will be responsible for working 15 hours/week.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Design and assist in the production of all publications that brand LEAD1 Association including but not limited to: social media initiatives, digital marketing, graphics, event programs and video components
- Coordinate and organize all graphic needs to produce creative and high-quality designs by assigned deadlines
- Assist in the day-to-day promotion and branding of LEAD1 Association by working with staff and other external units to develop and implement a consistent and unified aesthetic across all platforms – look/feel/tone/voice
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- In the process of completing or graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Design, Interface Graphics, Web Design or related
- Prior experience in graphic design (athletics or business)
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates multi-platform art creation
- Passion for college athletics
COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA’S)
- Understanding of, and interest in both content marketing and visual storytelling
- Solid foundation of color, space, typography and the formal design process
- Knowledge of current social and digital media trends and specifications
- Access to and have advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects)
- Proficiency on social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Self-motivated with a high degree of integrity; takes personal responsibility for getting things done in a way that positively and professionally represents the association
- A self-starter who will take initiative with new projects and collaborate with others
- Ability to think critically, ask questions and execute at a high level on tasks
- Professional approach to receiving constructive feedback
- Superb organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects with varying timelines
A resume, list of two professional references (including telephone numbers), and 3 samples of your graphic design work are required. A cover letter that addresses your qualifications for the position is recommended. Please email all materials to Hannah Dewey at email@example.com and include “LEAD1 Intern – Graphic Designer” in the subject line. Applications must be submitted by May 7th, 2019.